Full Stack Developer
JOB TITLE: Full Stack Developer
REPORTS TO: Lead Developer
Everyone belongs and is inspired to take part; embracing life’s opportunities
Groop is revolutionising the club management software market. Investing heavily into our technology, sales and marketing during 2021, we are focusing on a significant growth plan over the coming years.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to join an innovative and dynamic team building a world class community management platform. You’ll be working fully remote, although many of the team are based in and around Wiltshire.
This is a pivotal role in our rapidly growing socially focused early stage SaaS venture with a fantastic reputation for great customer service and a strong ethics profile.
The software currently serves umbrella bodies and their networks of clubs, groups, projects and events (sports, youth, arts, health and hobbies) and increasingly, independent clubs. We are also exploring new projects to run alongside our main product.
We require all candidates to be excited about learning new skills and ready to dive into the process of growing a rapidly expanding business. You’ll be passionate about technology and love finding new and better ways to do things.
You’ll work closely with the Innovation Director and Lead Developer to ensure a high level of service to clients and the continual evolution of the product.
The stack that you will be working on consists of the following elements:
- React & ReactNative
- Prisma ORM
- StoryBook Framework
To deliver the ongoing development of Groop’s Community Management Platform, Mobile App and other associated products
• Build and deliver new features that meet both business and user needs, according to sprint plans
• Help provide a good user experience across our application
• Unit test new functionality and help maintain code quality in all areas of the codebase
• Work with graphic design, converting wireframes to visual elements
• Manage your code with Git version control
• Work within Agile software development methodologies and work management in Jira
• Continually work to improve your understanding of the product, its libraries and its toolset
• Expand and improve our development processes and tooling in cooperation with the rest of the development team
• Assist with deployments of new versions of our software and apps
• Engage with the Customer Support and Sales teams to ensure that our software continues to meet the needs of our new and existing customers
• Communicate in a polite and professional manner with customers and the Groop team
You will be working within a small development team.
NOTE: It is important to understand that this will be a phase of significant growth for Groop and that the roles and responsibilities outlined in this job description may change.
CANDIDATE IDEAL QUALITIES
Our ideal candidate will be:
• a high achiever
• an excellent communicator
• naturally empathic to the sectors we work within
• competitive and high achieving for themselves and their team
• keen to develop themselves
It would be useful if you have:
• a natural interest in the charitable and voluntary sectors
• a sense of humour
• committed and unstoppable
• unfazed by new challenges
• open to/bringing new ideas and approaches
Development and Improvement – The Full Stack Developer will be expected to work closely with:
• The Lead Developer to feedback about current and future tasks
• The rest of the Development team to share day-to-day progress as well as more general knowledge about technology and best practices
• The Innovation Director to ensure Groops technology stays ahead of the curve
• The wider team to ensure they develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the platform and an excellent understanding of client needs and use cases
Whilst we’re not looking for experience in all of the above, we are looking for someone that:
• Displays a good aptitude for learning and problem solving
• Is keen to work on new and cutting-edge technologies
• Has at least 3 years experience in web application development using React and mobile development in React Native
• Thrives in an innovative environment, eagerly accepts challenges, and finds joy in not knowing what’s around the corner.
The successful applicant will be supported by the business’s technology partners as they familiarise themselves with the development timeline and current objectives.
If you want to join this exciting technology business then send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!