- what cookies are;
- how you can manage cookies used on the website;
- further information; and
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your device when you visit our website. The cookie ‘remembers’ your computer or other electronic device when you return to the website and some cookies may collect personal data about you. You can find more general information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
We want you to understand the different types of cookies that are used on our website. We use a variety of types of cookies and other tracking technologies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies which are strictly necessary for the performance of our website, for example cookies that authenticate users and allow us to offer features on our website.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about the pages or screens you visit, and other performance metrics. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies remember your choices to improve your experience, for example, remembering your username, your language and the region you are in. The aim of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience so that you don’t have to reset your preferences each time you visit our website.
- Targeting and advertising cookies
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|_gid||Session tracking (Google Analytics) used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Session tracking (Google Analytics) used to throttle request rate.|
|_ga||Session tracking (Google Analytics) used to distinguish users.|
|DV||Session tracking (Google Analytics)|
|NID||Session tracking (Google Analytics)|
How to manage cookies on our website
Cookies do lots of jobs on our website. However, most browsers allow you to disable them if you would like to. If you disable cookies, you may find that you have a less personalised experience on our website and that certain parts of our website do not work at all or do not work correctly.
If you use Microsoft Edge:
If you use Internet Explorer:
If you use Safari:
If you use Firefox:
If you use Chrome:
If you use different devices, make sure you configure the settings of the corresponding browser according to your preferences.
If you wish to opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics across all websites you can do so here:
Except for essential cookies, our session cookie will expire after the browsing session .