“It’s very flexible; I can add on fundamental elements and I’m impressed with how I can use the functionality (such as Groups and Tags) to manage the membership data in a way that suits our needs.”
Niki Heverin | Ballycastle Tennis Club
Who are Ballycastle Tennis Club?
Ballycastle’s first tennis Club began over 100 years ago and Ballycastle Tennis Club celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year. The club is equipped with outstanding tennis facilities available to all.
Ballycastle understand the importance of providing a service to the community, they do this by;
- Introducing children too tennis by providing free or low-cost club sessions and offering special rates to under 8’s
- Offering beginner and fast track group sessions to non-members as an introduction to tennis
- Offering coaching sessions, giving access to qualified coaches at affordable prices
- Regular club nights for members to socialise as well as the opportunity to play doubles matches
- Club tournaments held throughout the year allow members to compete at different levels
- The club organises and enters teams of all ages to the appropriate leagues
- Annual events raise money for a different nominated local charity
- Annual tennis tournaments bring revenue to the town
How we helped
Their member base is diverse, offering sessions for all ages with different talents, they’re a community driven club. Groop has enabled Ballycastle to organise and manage their sessions and members, allowing for smooth management and straightforward staff switchovers.
Our system enables the tennis club to keep track of its 168 members and to run multiple successful sessions. The club will also be using our system for all its member communications and document storage.
Niki Heverin, Club Membership Secretary states: “We are in the early stages of our relationship with Groop, it’s very flexible; I can add on fundamental elements and I’m impressed with how I can use the functionality (such as Groups and Tags) to manage the membership data in a way that suits our needs. What’s there currently is very good and sound building blocks and I’m looking forward to what the future brings with new functionalities. Groop has helped us manage GDPR compliance, has made it easy for administration and committee members (with correct allowances) to access the member databases and it’s given us a platform to securely add our club documents. 3 words I’d use to describe Groop would be easy, accessible, responsive.”